Who Can Start a Get REAL Group
A Get REAL Groups can be started and led by a woman or a girl (with adult supervision) A REAL Leader is a woman or girl who reflects Christ in her life, and is therefore a REAL role model. She shows how to “do” life through her actions, advice, wisdom, life choices, and service to others. A REAL Leader helps encourage, equip and empower girls to Get Respected, Educated, Able and Loyal in Christ. A REAL Leader is a Mentor!
*Girls under 18 years of age must have an adult mentor present at all meetings and that mentor must complete a Mentor Registration Form during the Get REAL inC group registration process.
REAL Leaders have three important qualities:
1. A Heart for God
2. A Heart for Girls
3. Relational Skills
*taken from “REAL Mentoring Handbook” (a training tool available to registered Get REAL groups)
A REAL Leader commits to:
- Abide by the values, principles, and guidelines set forth in the Get REAL inC Handbook
- Lead monthly REALity Check meetings for at least one year
- Pray with and for her girls
- Actively pursue her own relationship with Christ
- Be a positive, encouraging, Christian role model; having the words of her lips and meditation of her heart be pleasing in His sight
- Keep conversations confidential UNLESS there is a risk of physical harm
- Handle conflict and disagreements in a biblical manner, using Matthew 18:15-17 as her template.