Get REAL inC is an nonprofit 501c3 ministry that exists to encourage, equip and empower girls to Get Respected Educated Able and Loyal in Christ through the support of multigenerational and peer mentor groups. We strive to be Relevant, Relational and Real in all that we do.
Get REAL inC transcends culture, economic levels, church denominations, etc. We are partners with parents, churches, and communities as we all work to train the next generation.
Get REAL inC is for girls in grades 2-12 and women of all ages who are striving to honor Christ in their everyday lives. We are taking off the masks, leaving behind the fake, and joining together to navigate life. It is a place for young women to surround themselves with other young women and mentors who will build them up and point them to Christ.
“It’s easier to build a strong girl than to repair a broken woman.”
Get REAL inC is a place to . . .
- feel loved
- be encouraged
- make friends
- grow and learn together
- be real
- be strengthened
work together to do GREAT things
Relevant – Relational – Real
Through our groups, events, and resources girls are:
- Encouraged by life lessons, testimonies and godly examples of women and strong Christian girls who are striving to live lives that give glory and honor to God
- Equipped to apply biblical truths to everyday situations
- Empowered to put their God-given talents into action and serve as positive role models.
Get REAL inC exists to encourage, equip, and empower girls to Get REAL in Christ.
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! 2 Corinthians 5:17
“It’s easier to build a strong girl than repair a broken woman.”
Our REAL Values:
Get REAL inC resources, materials, gatherings and events will reflect these values or pillars of a REAL Girl:
- Respected: Reflecting godly character in actions, words, modest dress, and the uniqueness of a female. (Colossians 3: 12-14, Romans 12:2, Ephesians 4:29, 2 Timothy 3:16)
- Educated: Knowing the difference between God’s word and the world’s ways, which are contrary to the Word. (Romans 12:2, Romans 15:4, 2 Timothy 3:16)
- Able: Facing life with confidence and standing firm in godly character, including the ability to abstain from sinful behaviors, through the Spirit’s power, the knowledge God’s word, and the genuine love of Christ. (1Corinthians 6:18-20, 2 Peter 1: 3-11, Romans 6:6, 11-14, 17-18, Galatians 5:16-17, 1 Peter 5:8-11, 1 Corinthians 16:13, John 14:15)
- Loyal: Serving others with the love of Christ and protecting God’s reputation through God-honoring relationships and actions. Being loyal to self, family, friends, their future and most importantly their Savior, Jesus Christ. (Proverbs 27: 19, Proverbs 31:20, Proverbs 18:24, Ecclesiastes 4:10, Psalm 119:10-12)
Why Get REAL inC over other mentoring programs?
There are great mentoring programs in today’s world but if the mentoring program is not sharing Jesus they are simply for today, not eternity. Get REAL inC is founded on the Word of God and is committed to helping girls have a living faith that will make a difference in their earthly and eternal existence.
What separates Get REAL inC apart from other ministries?
- We are a “Girls Only” group without the distraction of boys (Sorry, guys!).
- We are about relationships. We aspire to help girls know that God is not just a “giver of rules.” He wants to be at the center of their daily lives.
- We intentionally infuse the Word of God – to become a part of hearts, minds, and lives – into our programs, events and resources.
- We hold local events with women and teen girl speakers, musicians, and volunteers from the local community. Because the speakers are typically from the community, they are uniquely positioned to come alongside their own Get REAL girls. We follow up with a monthly REALity Check and other REAL opportunities.
- We are REAL! All subjects are open for discussion. We don’t tiptoe around worldly topics, but we discuss them always in the context of the Word of God.
YOU HAVE THE DESIRE; WE HAVE THE REALITY!
What Get REAL inC offers:
Life-to-life multigenerational mentoring opportunities, monthly gatherings, community outreach and service projects, annual events, and mission trips.
Resources, handbooks and the framework….to start or strengthen your own group!
Group resources for:
Girls in grades 9-12
Girls in grades 5-8
Girls in grades 2-4 The Lil’ Sis
Statement of Faith
- There is one true God, the living creator and sustainer of everything that exists, who is infinitely perfect, existing eternally in three persons: Father, Son (Jesus) and Holy Spirit. (John 14:16-17, Matthew 28:19, 2 Corinthians 3:14, Deuteronomy 6:4, John 1:1-5, John 10:30)
- Jesus Christ is God’s one and only son. He was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, was crucified and died for our sins. He rose from the dead and now lives at the right hand of God as our priest and advocate – the only one who can restore our relationship with God. He will return to earth in power and glory. (Colossians 1:15-16, Matthew 1:21, 1 John 2:2, Isaiah 53:5-6, Acts 16:31, Romans 5:9, Titus 2:3, 1Thessalonians 4:13-18)
- Mankind was created by God in His own image and likeness. Mankind fell into sin, and therefore all men are born sinful and separated from God. Mankind’s salvation comes only through the conviction of the Holy Spirit into true faith and trust in the atoning sacrifice of the Lord Jesus Christ. (Genesis 1:26-27, Genesis 2:23-24, Romans 3:23, Genesis 3, Ephesians 2:8-10, Romans 5:1-2, Ephesians 2:4-5, John 16:33)
- The Bible is the inspired, infallible, and authoritative Word of God given to us as the divine standard for our lives and as the final authority for our faith and practice. (2 Timothy 3:16-17 2 Peter 1:20-21, Matthew 5:17-19)
- Spiritual unity exists between believers in our Lord Jesus Christ through the ministry of the Holy Spirit. Through the Spirit’s indwelling, the Christian is regenerated and enabled to live a godly life. (Philippians 2:1-4, John 14:15-26; John 16:5-16; Ephesians 1:13, 14, 1 Corinthians 12:12-14)